Commercial photography is a type of photography that is created for commercial purposes, such as advertising, marketing, and product promotion. This type of photography is usually commissioned by a client and is intended to sell a product or service, or to promote a brand. Commercial photography can include many different styles and techniques, ranging from product photography to lifestyle photography, and can be used in a variety of media, such as print advertisements, billboards, websites, and social media. The goal of commercial photography is to create visually appealing and attention-grabbing images that will help to sell the product or service being marketed.
What does a Photographer Look for in an Image?
A photographer typically looks for several elements in a photograph to determine its quality and impact. These elements can include:
- Composition: the arrangement of objects, people, the background, and all elements within the frame.
- Lighting: the way light is used to illuminate the subject and create mood and atmosphere.
- Focus: the clarity and sharpness of the subject.
- Color: the use of color to enhance the subject and create visual interest.
- Emotion: the ability of the photograph to evoke an emotional response from the viewer.
- Storytelling: the ability of the photograph to tell a story or convey a message.
Ultimately, a photographer seeks to create photographs that are aesthetically pleasing, impactful, and communicate something meaningful to the viewer.
Why John Whitehead Images?
- Over 30 years experience in photography.
- I have been working in Central Pennsylvania since 1995.
- I am a working photographer, and college photography instructor. Link to my free video tutorials
- I am not just a portrait photographer. I can shoot in any style or field.
- I am an expert in Adobe Photoshop. All toning and retouching is free!
- All images are backed-up. I archive all shoots on a RAID 5 NAS.