Fashion portraits are photographs that depict people, usually models, dressed in stylish and fashionable clothing and accessories. These portraits are often used in fashion magazines, advertisements, and campaigns to showcase current fashion trends, clothing collections, and accessories. The focus of fashion portraits is on the clothing and accessories worn by the model, rather than the model's facial expression or body language.
What does a Photographer Look for in an Image?
A photographer typically looks for several elements in a photograph to determine its quality and impact. These elements can include:
- Composition: the arrangement of objects, people, the background, and all elements within the frame.
- Lighting: the way light is used to illuminate the subject and create mood and atmosphere.
- Focus: the clarity and sharpness of the subject.
- Color: the use of color to enhance the subject and create visual interest.
- Emotion: the ability of the photograph to evoke an emotional response from the viewer.
- Storytelling: the ability of the photograph to tell a story or convey a message.
Ultimately, a photographer seeks to create photographs that are aesthetically pleasing, impactful, and communicate something meaningful to the viewer.
Why John Whitehead Images?
- Over 30 years experience in photography.
- I have been working in Central Pennsylvania since 1995.
- I am a working photographer, and college photography instructor. Link to my free video tutorials
- I am not just a portrait photographer. I can shoot in any style or field.
- I am an expert in Adobe Photoshop. All toning and retouching is free!
- All images are backed-up. I archive all shoots on a RAID 5 NAS.